Volunteers from St. John's ELCA in Brookfield, Wisconsin developed these resources as part of a program of Capacitación (training workshops) for pastors and Sunday School teachers in the Salvadoran Lutheran Church. You are freely welcome to use these for non-commercial purposes.
Resources from Capacitación 1 - Educational Strategies for Teachers
- Animar a Sus Estudiantes ~ Words to Motivate and Animate Your Students
- Aprender ~ How do children learn?
- Caracteristicas de Edades ~ Age Characteristics of Children (how the ages and stages of children impact their learning styles)
- Centros de Aprender ~ Using learning centers and a rotational model as a strategy for teaching large groups of children
- Construir Relaciones ~ Bulding Relationships with your Students
- Ideas de Disciplina ~ Ideas for Classroom Discipline -- Discipline comes from the word "disciple"
- Enseñando de Equipo ~ Ideas for Team Teaching
- Ideas de Enseñar ~ Teaching Ideas ("Tricks of the Trade")
- Las Escrituras que Guían el Ministerio de Educación ~ Scriptures which Guide Education Ministries
- Las Preguntas de Sabiduria ~ Wisdom Questions - questions for teachers to discuss with one another in small groups
- Las Técnicas de Preguntar ~ Questioning Techniques
- Los Mandamientos ~ Commandments for Children and Commandments for Teachers
- Por qué Enseñar ~ Why Teach? - what motivates Sunday School teachers? what is their calling?
- Si una niña viva... ~ A poem to inspire teachers
- Soy Especial ~ I am Special
Resources from Capacitación 2 -- Things to use with Kids
During Capacitación 2, adults and youth helpers had the opportunity to be "kids" for a day. They participated in a Bible School experience with 4 learning centers: Bible Story, Music, Art and Recreation. The participants were divided into 4 groups and rotated between the centers (about every 30 minutes).